Construction of Production Machines I
FSI-G1SAcad. year: 2020/2021
It is focused on the analysis of a construction of individual representatives of production machines and on design and computing methods in details. It comes out of a theory and technology of machining and forming metals and polymers. It applies theoretical knowledge from mechanics, hydrodynamics, tribotechnics, drive and control techniques, ergonomics and other branches in the process of constructing of production machines. It presents current principles of methodology of constructing of production machines. It shows basic parameters and characteristics of current production machines, design principles of individual types of machines, nodes and mechanism.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will have a clear idea of technological principles of machining and metal forming technology. They will learn functional principles of basic representatives of production machines in details. They can implement kinematic, dynamic and energy analysis of a production machines and they are able to design a new production machine according to an input. They will learn a methodology of designing new machines. They are able to consider safety requirements for the service of machinery, economics of a service, ergonomics and many other demands laid on modern machines.
Students are assumed to have the knowledge of the theory and technology of machining, forming, founding, welding, mounting and surface finish. They should know general basic construction of production machines, basic methods for computation of parts and mechanisms of machines, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and the basic application of servodrives and electromotors. They should also know physical, static, kinematic and dynamic rules. Knowledge of stress analysis. Basic knowledge of mechanization and automation.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
MAREK, J., et al. Konstrukce CNC obráběcích strojů. 4nd ed. Praha: MM publishing, s.r.o., 2018. 428 p. ISBN 978-80-906310-8-3. (CS)
MAREK, J., et al. Konstrukce CNC obráběcích strojů. 3nd ed. Praha: MM publishing, s.r.o., 2014. 687 p. ISBN 978-80-260-6780-1. (CS)
KOVÁČ, A.; RUDOLF, B. Tvárniace stroje. 1. vyd. Bratislava: ALFA, 1989. 376 s. ISBN 80-05-00126-6
RUDOLF, B.; KOPECKÝ, M. Tvářecí stroje - základy stavby a využití. 1. vyd. Praha: SNTL, 1985. 405 s. ISBN 04-231-85
BRENÍK, P.; PÍČ, J. Obráběcí stroje - konstrukce a výpočty. 2. vyd. Praha: SNTL, 1986. 573 s. ISBN 04-235-86
ŽENÍŠEK, J.; JENKUT, M. Výrobní stroje a zařízení. 2. vyd. Praha: SNTL, 1990. 276 s. ISBN 04-222-90
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Everything is also demonstrated on the videos.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The examination is written and oral. Students are examined from machine tools and from forming machines separately.
Each part of the examination is evaluated with the score.
Based on the total score, an ECTS grade is assigned to students.
At the beginning of the semester, the student is assigned a multidisciplinary issue in the field of production machines to solve. The student's solution is included in the joint assessment and is defended before the examiner on the exam day.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is for students to master acquired knowledge from their previous study in a multidisciplinary branch of design of production machines. Students will learn to understand principles of machine mechanism. They will also use mathematical and physical principles for kinematic, dynamic and energy analysis of basic types of machining and metal forming machines, as well as interdisciplinary knowledge in design of production machines.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The attendance at lectures is recommended.
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
52 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to technology of forming, force and energy. Classification of production machines, definition of CNC machine tool.
2. Classification of forming machines, main parameters, marking. Creation of production machines, methodology of their design.
3. Mechanisms designed to convert rotary motion to linear motion(crank mechanism). Operation of production machines.
4. Toggle-lever and cam mechanism, gear transmissions. System approach to the CNC machine. Basic terms in production machines.
5. Drives of forming machines, calculation of motor and flywheel, usability. Common building components of CNC machine tools
6. Clutches and brakes of forming machines, calculation, design. Machining centers for rotating parts.
7. Stands and frames of forming machines. Machining centers for non-rotating components with vertical spindle.
8. Slides, guiding and balancing of forming machines. Machining centers for non-rotating components with horizontal spindle.
9. Types of hydraulic press drives and parts. Multifunkční obráběcí centra.
10. Overload protection devices – forming machines. Other types of CNC machine tools (one professional).
11. Drive of screw presses. Other types of CNC machine tools (one professional).
12. Mechanical hammers and bending rolls. CNC machine tools for special production.
13. Distributions on forming machines, measured geometry. Intelligence, testing and service of CNC machine tools.
eLearning: currently opened course