Doctoral seminar 3 (GAK)
FAST-DEA062Acad. year: 2020/2021
Study, and the acquisition and processing of current knowledge connected with the issues of the chosen topic from the field of specialization of programme geodesy and cartography with support from a supervisor, possibly with the aid of a supervisor who is a specialist in his or her field, or with the support of experts from the following institutions:
- the Faculty (for instance, from the AdMaS research centre operated by the Faculty),
- or external research and development institutions.
The performance of simulations or experiments related to the topic area of the doctoral thesis. Publication and presentation of the outputs of creative activities. The formulation of a semester plan of visits to professional and scientific events (seminars, workshops, conferences, congresses) and potentially study or professional stays at foreign scientific and academic institutions. Work on publishable outputs (contributions to proceedings, articles for professional or scientific journals). Regarding creative activities, it is advantageous to cooperate with industry or scientific institutions directly while working on projects.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledges of university graduate in geodesy and cartography specialization. Practice is benefit.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-GK Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory
- Programme DPA-GK Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory
- Programme DKA-GK Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory
- Programme DKC-GK Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
78 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer