Operation research in water management
FAST-DPB026Acad. year: 2020/2021
Linear programming, non linear programming, graph theory, critical path methods, multicriteria optimisation methods, ANN - Artificial Neural Networks, Genetic algoritm, risk analysis and risk assesment
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The basic survey of using the optimization methods in water management and water industry.
Knowledge in the level of the subject CP003 Operation research in water management in master study fiel "Civil Engineering - field Water Management and Water Structures"
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. - 4. Selected problems of non-linear programming and methods of solving them.
5. - 8. Multi-criteria optimization tasks, methods of solution.
9. - 12. Use of artificial neural networks, genetic algorithms, available software for their use.13. Risk analysis
Developmnet of knowledge in using and implementation of optimisation methods and methods of projects steering in design, operation of different water systems,water management and water structures.
Case studies with implementation of different optimisation methods.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer