FAST-DPB031Acad. year: 2020/2021
Consumption and water demand, optimization of the water distribution systems, optimization of pressure conditions, using of PRV, water losses, methods of water losses reduction, technical equipment of leakage reduction, technical audit of water distribution network, evaluation criteria and indicators, rehabilitation planning.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Advanced knowledge in some special problems of water supply as water losses, technical auditing and rehabilitation planning, risk analysis etc.
The knowledge on the level of subjectc BP003 Water Supply and CP053 Selected chapters of water supply.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1.- 2. Analysis of water consumption, methods of water need calculation.
3.- 4. Optimization of water system design.
5.- 6. Optimization of water distribution networks pressure condition.
7.- 8. Water losses, methods of their reporting, economic level of water losses, Smart water meters.
9.- 10. Indicators of technical state and methods of their determination.
11. Assessment of technical condition of water supply systems.
12. Reconstruction planning.
13. Risk analysis of water supply systems.
Development and improvment of the knowledge in public watre supply sector, especially in design of water supply systems, estimation and increasing of reliability of these systems and rehabilitation planning etc.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer