The Course of the Construction Process
FAST-NHB052Acad. year: 2020/2021
The realization of the investment plan represents many administrative activities for the developer. These activities are usually provided by invited specialists. Students will be acquainted with the individual phases of building permit.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge of construction law, the main phase of the construction process.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, basic concepts and definitions. An overview of the various phases of the construction process.
2. Preparation of buildings - pre-investment phase - processing building plan. Technical and Economic Studies - Study of Opportunities, feasibility study.
3. Preparation of buildings - the phase of entering and processing of design documentation. Contractual relations in the preparatory phase. Chartered engineer, technician and architect.
4. Preparation of buildings - Phase of assigning and elaboration of design documentation. Design documentation for the planning permission proceedings. Application for location of the building.
5. Administrative Code, Building Act - Deadlines, Procedures, Participants, Authorities.
6. Preparation of buildings - Phase of assigning and elaboration of design documentation. Building approval process. Notification of structures. Change of completed building.
7. Tender for contractor of construction - Public Procurement Act, types of contracting entities, types of contracts, creation of tender conditions, criteria for selection of contractor, offer - assembling according to specifications, necessary documents. Assignment and processing of documentation for construction, requirements for the tender budget, checking the accuracy and completeness of the contractor, designing measures for the quality of execution. Production (workshop) documentation. Chartered engineer, technician and architect in the process of construction, authorization, responsibility.
8. Realization of the construction - pre-production, production and operational preparation of the contractor, logistics in the provision of resources and their handling, selection of subcontractors and work with them during the implementation. Handing of building site, communicating with the authorities in the building approval process, ensuring compliance with the terms of the opinions of the authorities.
Control days, participants, sample entries, way of conducting control days, checking the performance of tasks, keeping a diary and other administrations during construction, change management, additional costs, multi-priced calculations, additions, responsibilities and rights of builders and masters
9. Delivery of the building - pre-acceptance, acceptance, checking of defects and defects, delivery protocols with subcontractors and customers, contractor's activity when handing over the work, handover administration, preparation of the documentation of the actual execution of the construction.
Final inspection approval - application, building inspections, negotiation with the authorities, opinions of the authorities, issuance of the final inspection approval. Liquidation of the building site.
10. Warranty and post-warranty service of the contractor. Ways of dealing with complaints, drafting and submitting binding rules for building use, business logs, contact addresses, and details of the contractor and responsible persons, in dealing with
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans