Building Acoustics and Daylighting Buildings
FAST-NHB045Acad. year: 2020/2021
Inside the building is necessary to provide acoustic and visual comfort. In terms of noise insulation is necessary to deal with both vertical and horizontal structures. Horizontal dividing structure, ie the ceiling to the floor, or even below, we shall, in addition air and impact sound insulation. The room acoustic enclosure is rated in terms of reverberation, in the field of urban acoustics belong determining attenuation in the outdoors. Aperture fillings in the peripheral and roof cladding must ensure adequate lighting interery daylight and the insolation.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Fundamentals in room acoustics and reverberation time, sound insulation properties of building constructions, building daylighting ans insolation.
Basic knowledge of mathematics, knowledge of basic physical quantities of building materials, the emergence of sound, basic concepts of wave, the physical parameters of sound, the sound field variables, basic photometry.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Basic terminology and quantities of building acoustics, sound levels and decibel scale. Soun wave propagation.
2. Noise and its classification-NV č.272/2011 Sb.- about health protection against negative influence of noise and vibrations.
3. Sound propagation in free space. Attenuation of noise in the environment.
4. Assessment of air-borne and impact sound insulation.
5. Watters method for the air-borne sound reduction index.
6. Assessment of structure-borne sound reduction.
7. Architectural acoustics, acoustic absorption. Reverberation time of a room.
8. Daylighting and solar radiation.
9. Insolation diagram and insolation assessment.
10. Daylighting in buildings, sky luminance.
11. Daylight factor evaluation.
Basic knowledge of parting wall design in terms of sound-reduction requirements, reverberation time, noise classification on workplaces and noise in indoor and outdoor protected building areas. Design of windows in terms of interior daylighting and insolation requirements.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIS Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional