Special Machines and Equipment
FAST-NWB031Acad. year: 2020/2021
Mechanization and automation of work, a list of main engines and mechanical assemblies used in the manufacture of building materials, production of concrete products, manufacture and application of specialty malt and raw materials for injection, remote control of machines and equipment, robotics and automation, recycling building materials from a variety of materials, diamond technique, applicable legislation.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will master the objective of the course – will get an overview of all machines and equipment applied at the production of concrete and structural elements in prefabrication. They will be become familiar with transport machines and equipment, crushing machines, mills and screeners, further on with machines and equipment for production of concrete mixture, for preparation of reinforcement and welding, as well as pre-stressing machines and equipment. Attention is given to vibrating machinery, machinery maintenance, production lines and machines for production of concrete products.
Knowledge of building material technology. Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering and machinery. Information, control and measurement technology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to mechanization and automation of work, list of main machinery and mechanical assemblies used in the manufacture of building materials.
2. Machinery and mechanical assembly for the production of concrete products.
3. Machinery and facility for the production and application of special mortars and raw materials for injection.
4. Remote control of machinery and facility.
6. Robotization and automation in the production of building materials.
7. Machinery a facility for the recycling of building materials from different raw materials.
8. Diamond technology.
9. Safety, ecology, ergonomics.
10. Valid legislation for the acquisition, installation and operation of the machinery.
·The objective of the subject is to expand the knowledge of the students by additional machine complexes and components so that they get the knowledge of entire, even special equipment of the production of building materials /BM/.The students are acquainted with information systems in BM production management. Laser and ultrasonic navigation and control systems. Robotics and automation technology. Robotics application in the preparation and forming of the components reinforcement. State-of the art technology at recycling of building materials. Diamond technology. Technology for forming of surfaces. Atmospheric protection, anti-corrosion protection
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIM Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional