Computer Support in Construction Preparation and Realization 1
FAST-NWA019Acad. year: 2020/2021
Modelling of the construction process depending on the type and parameters of the structure and used software. Use of the CONTEC programme and construction technology network graphs. Aggregation and transfer of the budget and production calculations for a contract according to the technological division of work into the environment of a network planning programme. Modification and creation of standardised network graphs from the area of building structures, utility networks and roads. Quality management and the option of performing automated creation of inspection and test plans. Creation of environmental protection plans. Efficient creation of occupational health and safety plans in connection with a construction technology planning model of the construction process. Use of the MS-Project system, including the utilisation of calculation data files from the RTS BUILDpower system and its time schedule for the planning and management of building construction.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will master the objective of the course consisting in extending the yet acquired user knowledge of available software for construction technological designing and management of building constructions, utilities and transport constructions. Then the students can apply the acquired knowledge in pre-production, production and erection stages of these constructions in practice.
Knowledge of construction design and technology at the Bachelor level of university studies. Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Modelling of the execution of the construction process – general prerequisites, principles and rules for the analysis and synthesis of the spatial, technological and time structure of the construction process.
2. Classification of construction, budgetary and calculation software – acquisition of entry data for the time planning and construction management system.
3. Computer support and modelling of construction planning and execution in the CONTEC system using a construction technology network graph. Output reports as basic documents for the preparation and management of construction execution. Connections and drawing of data from the bill of quantities, budgets and production calculations into construction technology planning projects.
4. Activities in network graphs. Links between activities – construction readiness. Deadline, resource and capacity planning. Cost planning. Operational records. Updating the time schedule. Outputs – graphs of needed resources as documentation for the design of building site facilities.
5. Computer support for linking other documents from the construction technology planning project to the technological analysis and time schedule - inspection and test plans, environmental plans, occupational health and safety plans.
6. Commencement of work using the Microsoft Project programme, settings options, types of tasks, types of limitations.
7. Microsoft Project – structure and creation of a time schedule for construction execution, types of links and their utilisation, updating of the time schedule according to the progress made with ongoing construction.
8. Resource planning in Microsoft Project – definition and management of resources, allocation to tasks, costs. Wide range of possibilities for the creation of output reports.
To provide the students with knowledge of application of software for building technological designing, planning and management of the building structures, utilities and transport constructions management. Computer aid enables elaboration of the bid for the execution of work, time scheduling, pre-production preparation, production preparation and creation of operative plans. Construction time and cost planning are based on data of calculations and capacity standards. A part of the execution management is controlling of the building contract.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIR Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory