Economy of Construction Industry
FAST-NVA030Acad. year: 2020/2021
Position of industry of building materials in national economy. Organisation of building materials production. Basic characteristic of industrial firm. Foundation, lifetime and closure of industrial firm. Property and sources of property coverage. Inventory management and financing. Costing and price setting in building materials production. Management of operational and investment costs and returns. Standardization and remuneration. Accounting and taxation. Principles of marketing. Controlling and quality management.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about organization and economy of industry production.
Knowledge of particular basic disciplines of business economy. Ability to orient in business economy.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Construction company and production in the construction company
2. Normalization of work and performance; Normalization and remuneration in the construction industry
3. Managing Material and Supplies Costs.
4. Managing labor costs.
5. Cost control of machines and production equipment.
6. Valuation of production, prices in the construction industry.
8. Corporate Finance.
9. Taxes, accounting and operational records.
11. Business organization systems, types of business association.
12. Benchmarking, management of production costs with respect to the competitiveness of the company.
13. Planning circuits and plan control systems, documentation of changes.
To get ability to orient in organization and economy of industry production. To come in useful in production profitability management and price setting.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIM Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory