FAST-NTB034Acad. year: 2020/2021
Theory of heat transfer in building services. Thermal properties of materials, elementary heat processes. Vapour and conditions of vapour. Thermal processes, their dynamic, analytical and numerical solution. Heat transfer by natural and forced convection. Heat transfer by phase changes. Heat transfer by radiation. Principles of heat exchangers in building services. Special problems in heat transfer in building services.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student obtaining after graduation subject necessary recognize about characteristic thermal exchange.
Basics of thermic, heating, air conditioning, indoor climate of buildings.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Heat transfer in building services.
2. Water vapour and its states.
3. Analytical solution of steady stay heat conduction.
4. Numerical solution of steady stay heat conduction.
5. Non-stationary heat conduction in a wall and a ground.
6. Non-stationary convection in a cylindrical wall, analytical and numerical solution.
7. Free and forced convection heat transfer.
8. Heat transfer by a phase change.
9. Radiative heat transfer.
10. Current topics in heat and mass transfer.
Physic proceses during heat transfer in technical environment. Aplicability of solution for creation of building internal environment.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIS Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional