FAST-NRA016Acad. year: 2020/2021
1. Theoretical and practical bases of utilization of modern information and communication technologies for modelling, management and decision making in field of water management.
2. Collecting and processing of input data.
3. Application of simulation models in water management (rainfall-runoff models, simulation of water flow in pipe systems and open channels, ground water flow modelling, simulation of sediment load motion, solute transport).
4. Processing and evaluation of modelling results (application of GIS etc.).
Institute of Water Structures (VST-VST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student complete goal of this course which include getting up principles and operation of hydroinformatics in water management and developing individual experience in the use of hydroinformatics through execution of a term projects.
Hydraulics, hydrology, GIS, water management courses
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
The goals of the course are:
to teach the principles and operation of hydroinformatics in water management;
to give information about input data and simulation models in water management;
to develop individual experience in the use of hydroinformatics through execution of a term projects.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIV Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer