Selected Chapters from Water Supply
FAST-NPB019Acad. year: 2020/2021
Drinking water sources, protection of water sources and its categories, new special methods and modern technologies, automation of water treatment plants, container WTP.
Water losses, technical equipment for leakage location
Water quality, measurement of turbidity, flushing of water distribution networks.
Technical audit of distribution systems, reliability of water distribution networks, risk analysis.
History of water supply sector in CZ, current international research projects in the field.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Studend will be able to implement in the practice the new knowledge in water treatment and its extension in new and special technologies and special problems of water distribution.
Chemistry and Technology of Water, Water supply.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Drinking water sources and their protection.
2. New methods of coagulation, sludge blanket clarifiers inovation.
3. New filtration materials, new types of filters, automation of water treatment plants.
4. Container water treatment plants, membrane technologies.
5. Water losses, indicators of water losses, using of Smart Water Meters.
6. Technical equipment for leakage.
7. Technical audit of water supply systems.
8. Planning fo reconstruction and rehabilitation of water supply systems.
9. Water quality in distribution systems.
10. Risk analysis of public water supply systems.
11. Reliability of water distribution networks.
11. Water supply performance indicators, water losses.
12. Control valves - excursion to ATJ company.
13. Perfomance indicator in water supply sector, technical news, congferences and projects in the sector.
The aim is summary of knowledge in water treatment and its extension in new and special technologies and special problems of water distribution.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIV Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional