Simulation of Metal and Timber Structures Behaviour
FAST-NOB021Acad. year: 2020/2021
Relation between real structure and calculation model – basic methods of calculation model formation.
Summary of computing systems for design, evaluation and verification of metal and timber structures.
Computer system IDA SCIA: input data, calculation, result interpretation, dimensioning.
Simple problems modelling.
Institute of Metal and Timber Structures (KDK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students have to manage the aim of the subject, make the acquaintance with course problematic and practice their knowledge and acquirements.
Metal structures - design of elements and connections of steel structures. Timber structures - design of elements and connections of timber structures.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Relation between real structure and calculation model.
2. External boundary conditions – anchorage.
3. Internal boundary conditions – connections of members.
4. Semi-rigid connections.
5. Calculation model – trusses.
6. Calculation model – planar structures.
7.–8. Steel as a structural material.
9. Timber as a structural material.
10. Trusses and planar structures.
11. Spatial structures.
12. Linear and non-linear evaluation.
13. Structure stability, results interpretation.
The objective of the subject is to introduce students to the problems of this course and to practise acquires knowledge and skills.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIS Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional