Technology of Road and Street Construction (R)
FAST-NMB007Acad. year: 2020/2021
Principles of conventional road machinery, mechanisms and production facilities. Technological procedures, basic mechanisms and their use in earthworks, soil treatment and improvement, for the implementation of underlying pavements of unstable materials, stabilized and treated materials by hydraulic binders, asphalt and cement concrete layers. Techniques of blending, transport, laying, compaction and quality control are discussed. Technology and mechanisms for maintenance, repair and recycling of pavements. Documenting major mistakes in performing technological work. In the exercise, according to a specific project, each student will individually design a set of machines and mechanisms for the assigned earthworks, substrates, asphalt layers and other details of road construction and urban communications.
Institute of Road Structures (PKO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students get knowledge of road construction technologies, used tools, mechanisms, device and plants with planning of the systems of these devices for construction and maintenance of roads and streets.
Knowledge of subjects: Technology of building structures. Foundation of buildings. Technology of building construction. Machine Mechanisms. Factory control management
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The system of regulations and road construction technologies, principles of tools, machines and plants.
2. Earth work technology and machines.
3. Soil improvement and stabilization, treated mixtures in subgrade.
5. Unbond and bound mixtures and layers, grouted layers – technology of constructions.
6. Hot mix asphalts.
7. Thin-layer asphalt treatment
8. Portland cement pavement technology.
9. Repair, maintenance and recycling of pavements.
10. Excursion - mixing plant and written exam (test).
The knowledge of road construction technologies, used tools, mechanisms, device and plants with planning of the systems of these devices for construction and maintenance of roads and streets.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIR Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional