FAST-NJA027Acad. year: 2020/2021
Principles of problem solution searching, definition of modelling methods and simulation methodology, model, system. Modelling in technical branches, physical model, degrees of model abstraction, problem analysis and algorithm of solution. Technique of natural and physical modelling. Deterministic simulation models.
Realization on a deterministic model. Digital simulation models. Utilization of simulation for production planing, distribution and transport.
Utilization of the EUREKA program system, formulation of the technical problem.
Data handling - data preparation, data storage, files correction.
Extreme searching methods, analysis, formulation and task setting of optimization method. Tasks from the building practice- mixing problem, process of decision.
The part of lectures is followed by training, which has a computational character. In the framework of the training computational means used in the area of experiment planning, production technology are presented. Physical modelling - AREA, HEAT, FLUENT, EUREKA.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring knowledge on the principles of optimization methods used in the process of mass production of construction materials, the use of linear, quadratic, statistical principles of searching for extremes / optimums of functional dependence of end-use properties of building material, modeling and process simulation, principles of formal automats.
Fundamentals of work with PC
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Use of computer technology in building practice, use of software support in MS Windows environment.
2. Office Software Packages - MS Office.
3. Using MS Excel spreadsheet in building practice.
4. Formulate tasks to search for extreme functions.
5. Assemble a Solver / Solver solution.
6. Theoretical basis of the optimization task in the search for extreme functions.
7. Algorithmization of tasks for extreme search, simplex method.
8. Extreme formulation, description of conditions and limiting of linear task.
9. Extreme formulation, description of conditions, and limitation of quadratic task.
10. Mathematical programming, solution principle.
11. Practical examples of search for extreme in building practice.
12. Practical role of raw material composition suggestions.
13. Software Support for Finding Extreme Tasks.
Principle of optimization methods utilization in mass production of building materials, principles of utilization of linear, quadratic and statistic searching of extremes / functionalities optima of building materials utility properties
Modeling and simulation of results, principles of formal automatic machines
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIM Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory