FAST-NBA007Acad. year: 2020/2021
Porous structure of matter, sorption isotherms, hydrostatics of three-phase systems, Fourier and Fick equations of heat and moisture tranport, combined transport of heat and moisture in porous building matters, classical Glaser’s condensation model, generalised Glaser’s condensation model.
Institute of Physics (FYZ)
Offered to foreign students
Of all faculties
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Studends will master advanced computational methods of thermal resistance of building structures and advanced computational methods concerning condensation in building structures by means of generalised non-isothermal transport equations.
Basic knowledge of physics, basic knowledge of mathematical analysis, basic knowledge of building thermal technology, basic knowledge of acoustics of inner spaces.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Types of pores, porosity, absolute and relative humidity, physisorption and chemisorption.
2. Sorption isotherms after : (a) Harkins and Jury, (b) Langmuir, (c) Brunauer, Emmet and Teller (BET).
3. Three-phase system, potential of porous water, retention line of moisture.
4. Measuring methods, hysteresis of retention line, analysis of retention line.
5. Foundations of non-linear thermodynamics.
6. Phenomenological transport equations, Fourier equations of heat conduction.
7. Non-linear temperature profiles in building constructions.
8. Fick diffusion equations and their solutions.
9. Isothermal and non-isothermal diffusion.
10. Non-linear pressure profiles of water vapour in structures.
11. Thermal diffusion (Soret effect), transport of moisture in the three moisture regions: under-hygroscopic, hygroscipic and over-hygroscopic.
12. Classical Generalised Glaser’s condensation model.
13 Acoustics of inner spaces.
1) Advanced computational methods of thermal resistance of building structures.
2) Advanced computational methods concerning condensation in building structures by means of generalised non-isothermal transport equations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.