FAST-BWA004Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject deals with preparation and manner of construction of buildings and building complexes. It is a complex process involving investment intention, its technical preparation, economic calculations, building permit procedure, building technology preparation and the resulting phase – the construction realisation. The subject dealing with a structure and coordination of preparation, partial and stage building processes into a complete and sophisticated system the result of which is a completed construction building or their assembly, i.e. construction.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By mastering the objectives of the Realization of Constructions course the students will understand the construction process in its full complexity. The course will teach them to understand the pre-production, erection and user processes from the point of view of all common parties in the construction procedure. An integral part of the course objectives is to acquire knowledge in the area of legislation, time planning, site plants, financial requirements and safety rules.
Basic knowledge of parties and processes of the construction.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction into the subject – investment policy, investment process and parties to the construction.
2. Public hearing – proceedings on the building location, selected activities in construction.
3. Tender process, ways of contracting public tenders.
4. Modelling of construction production area, principles of construction plants planning.
5. Supplier systems in construction, jobs in the production process, acceptance procedure.
6. Site construction processes (construction division, production processes, space structure).
7. Modelling of the construction time structure (construction period, time schedule, cyclograph).
8. Methods of network planning (edge network graph, junction network graph), network analysis.
9. Price calculation (price of building works, calculation formula, value added tax).
10. Operation control on constructions, production quality, environment protection).
11. Safety and health protection at work, principals of safe execution of works.
To teach the student to understand complexity of construction project at the time of preparation, public discussion, realization itself and passing over and utilization of constructions. After passing the subject the student knows rights and obligations of the parties in the construction, he has an overview of on basic regulations related to the construction process and its public discussion, he has basic overview on time and financial planning of constructions and safety risks during the construction realization.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans