Introduction to Buildings‘ Design 1
FAST-BHA007Acad. year: 2020/2021
Methods of building design with the consideration of an architectural concept - building typology and disposition arrangement requirements. Acceptance of valid standards and regulations. The application of architectural and structural design principles, present economic relations, energy efficiency requirements and environmental demands. Design principles for barrier-free civic buildings and their neighbouring outdoor spaces. Design of residential houses is completed in practical classes.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student copes methods of building design with the consideration of an architectural concept - building typology and disposition arrangement requirements. Acceptance of valid standards and regulations. The application of principles of architectural and structural design and Service regulations.
Knowledge of basic bricked, concrete, steel and wooden constructions. Basic knowledge of TEB, heat engineering and acoustics.
Knowledge of basic bricked, concrete, steel and wooden constructions. Basic demands of building services, thermal protection of buildings and building acoustics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Environment and indoor climate.
2. Design area dependence on tenant physiology.
3. Service regulations. Indoor and outdoor entrance areas.
4. Vertical and horizontal communication areas.
5. Hygienic services and equipment.
6. Barrier-free design of building exteriors.
7. Barrier-free design of building interiors.
8. Residential houses – building disposition and services. Building zones.
9. Residential rooms. House equipment and accessories. Communication zones in buildings.
10. Typological forms of residential houses.
11. Residential house design and assessment with respect to daylighting and overshadow.
12. Reconversion of existing residential building spaces on garages and workshops. Object terrain setting. Building distances.
13. Relation between interior on exterior. Fencing. Complementary architectural design. Lot utilization with open space areas (areas without objects and buildings).
To gain basic knowledge and experience in conceptional work within the frame of projecting residential buildings with regard to artistic and compositional requirements, acquiring and accepting typological principles, norms, regulations and specifications for barrier-free solutions of buildings and their exteriors, with concurrent use of knowledge from the field of constructions, heat engineering, acoustics and fire protection.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans