Building Services 1
FAST-BTA001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Basic principles of design of sanitary facilities including pre-wall installation, design fixtures assembly, plumbing, and gas installations. The location of installations in buildings.
Basic principles of disposal of waste water from buildings. Hydraulics and design of drainage systems. Design of wastewater and rainwater drainage systems. Control runoff of rainwater. Sewer connections.
Basic principles of water installations. Designing of water installation. Hydraulics and sizing of water installation. Protection against pollution of potable water. Water heaters. Thermal insulation of pipes. Equipment for fire water supply. Water connections.
Basic principles of building gas supply. Types and characteristics of combustible gases. Designing a gas installation pipework. Sizing gas installations. Categories and placement of gas appliances. Gas service lines.
Internal electrical power distribution. Materials for electrical installations. Electrical connections. Conductors.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student get base of heating systems in building. After graduation studnet will be able to do standard designs of heating systems having in mind layout and construction of buildings. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex design of buildings.
Basic knowledge of construction systems of buildings, foundations, vertical, horizontal and roof structures, principles of hydrodynamics, basic theoretical knowledge of direct and alternating current.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to building services and sanitation installation, criteria for the design of sanitary facilities, facilities for concentrating the installation.
2. Assemblies of fixtures, mounting elements for pre-wall installations, traps, taps and mixers, flushing devices.
3. Basic principles of disposal of waste water from buildings, hydraulics and design of drainage systems, materials for drainage.
4. Branch discharge pipes, discharge stacks and ventilating pipes.
5. Drains, connection drains, cesspools.
6. Control runoff of rainwater, rainwater soakaways, protection against flood water, waste water lifting, pretreatment of wastewater.
7. Basic principles of building water supply, water demand, materials for water installation.
8. The location of water supply pipes, generation of domestic hot water.
9. Water connections, hydraulics and sizing of water installation.
10. Boosting, pressure reduction, water supply from own resources, protection against pollution of potable water, pipe insulation, fire water supply.
11. Types of heating gas, the categories and placement of gas appliances.
12. The basic principles of building gas supply, gas service lines, gas installation pipeworks.
13. Electrical installations in buildings, electrical connections, conductors.
Basics of heating. Building thermo microclimate creation. Heat transfer by heating systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-SI Bachelor's
specialization S , 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPA-SI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BKC-SI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-MI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory