Fundamentals of Technological Processes
FAST-BJA008Acad. year: 2020/2021
Theoretical basis of selected technological operations - homogeninizace, filtration, fluidization.
Principle speed water jet technology, the possibility of using water jet technology in the construction, the parameters of high-speed water jet.
Quality assessment processes using statistics. Conformance test distribution, quality control. Estimation and hypothesis testing.
Basic information to ensure consistency and accuracy of measuring instruments and measurements according to Law no. 505/1990 Sb. Metrology and related regulations.
Basic information for quality assurance processes according to ČSN EN ISO 9001 - Quality Management Systems - Requirements.
Basic information about environmental management according to ČSN EN ISO 140001 Environmental management systems - Requirements with guidance for use.
The lectures are supplemented with exercises. Exercise is part of a computational character. Students complete an exercise excursion.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student handle the aim of the course the theoretical basis for obtaining the understanding of technology operations in the manufacture of building materials. The students will get acquainted with the preparation of raw materials, mixing the substances, densification, learn the practical application of statistical evaluation of specific problems in the production and quality evaluation processes.
Physics, Building materials.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Sedimentation. Sedimentation rate. Performance sedimentation.
2. Filtration. The filtration rate. The filtration process.
3. Size of the centrifugal force.
5. Mixing and homogenization of a mixture of substances. Blending in liquid environments. Mixing solid, powdery and paste environment. Mixing efficiency.
6. Basic theory of compaction. Daubing. Vibrating. Pressing. Rolling.
7. High-speed water jet technology. Principle. Parameters. Technical equipment for high-speed water jet technology.
8. Possible applications of high-speed water jet technology in civil engineering. Safety aspects of the use of high-speed water jet.
9. Quality assurance processes according to CSN EN ISO 9001 - Quality Management Systems - Requirements.
10. Environmental management according to DIN EN ISO 140001 Environmental management systems - Requirements with guidance for use.
11. Technical requirements for products
12. Basic information to ensure consistency and accuracy of measuring instruments and measurements according to Law no. 505/1990 Metrology and related regulations.
13. Quality evaluation processes using statistics. Conformance test distribution, quality control. Estimation and hypothesis testing.
Obtainment of theoretical fundamentals for understanding of technological operations in the production of building materials. Acquaintance with problems of raw materials preparation, mixing of substances, compacting. Acquiring with practical applications of statistical evaluation for concrete problems in the production and evaluation of processes and production quality. Managing of statistical evaluation according to the standard ČSN EN 206 – 1.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.