Technology of Prefabricated Structures
FAST-BJA016Acad. year: 2020/2021
Further to special subjects - the technology of prefabricated units and the utilization of building materials including the suitability of building them up into the structure of building objects is discussed. A systematic survey of present assortment of prefabricated units. A brief description of the performance of the technology of housing and industrial and transport building, especially of up-to-date erection. Housings: the possibility of constructions using prefabricated units, and the combination of these prefabricated units with classical in-situ building technologies. Industrial building: the possibilities of monolithic structures formed by means of system formwork in combination with prefabricated units. Transport building: building of both monolithic and assembled bridges. The present possibilities of the utilization of the assembled units in the reconstruction of building structures. Deviations and tolerances in building industry, further trends in the development of prefabricated technology. Demands concerning the quality and dimensions accuracy in the production of prefabricated units, trends of development in the branch of prefabrication.
Lecture block is added by exercise lessons, which contain excursion to real structure, where the construction aspect is apparent to extend the knowledge of students.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring knowledge on the used systems of mounted frames of constructions – factory buildings and civil buildings and engineering constructions.
Basic orientation in structural systems of structural engineering and in performance of engineering structures and metal and wood objects. Designing of concrete structures, physical and mechanical properties of steel, reinforced concrete, timber.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Development of prefabricated structures, advantages / disadvantages of prefabricated structures, dimensions and modular co-ordination.
2. Standardization, unification of structural systems, wall – prefabricated systems development.
3. Defects of prefabricated objects, their methods of rehabilitation.
4. Skeleton objects from reinforced concrete.
5. Halls with the load-bearing structure from reinforced concrete, steel or wood.
6. Static behavior of prefabricated structures.
7. Bridge structure – bridge structure types, structure systems.
8. The issue of prestressing reinforcement.
9. Underground facilities – technology and structural systems.
10. Construction of underground structures using prefabrication (secondary segmental lining).
11. Wood-frame buildings – basic types of structure, various kinds of wooden elements, costs of these buildings.
12. Wood-frame buildings – design of structure details and principles of their implementation.
13. Wood-frame buildings – static design of wood-frame structures, fire resistance, software for wood structure design.
Extension of knowledge in the subject Technology of Building Elements Manufacture and following application of precast units in used systems of prefabricated structures in structural buildings, the student becomes orientation in used erecting works utilizing prefabrication. Importance strengthening of technical and organizational level correspondence in manufacture of precast units and in assembling methods for prefabricated units on the quality of construction work
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.