Building Services (M)
FAST-BTA012Acad. year: 2020/2021
Introduction to the subject, principles of sanitary equipment design. Drainage systems inside buildings. Water sources and water supply systems for buildings. Preparation of domestic hot water. Gas installation for buildings. Problems of thermal comfort in building. Types of water heating systems. Heat losses of buildings. Type of radiators. Source of heat and their space arrangement. Boiler rooms. Ventilation and air conditioning for buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gets overview of plumbing systems and heating systems for buildings.
Basic knowledge about constructional systems of buildings, fundamentals of hydromechanics, fundamentals of heat transfer.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the subject Building Services.
2. Principles of sanitary equipment design.
3. Sorts of waste waters and designing of drainage systems inside buildings.
4. Rainwater management. Water supply systems and their designing.
5. Domestic hot water supply systems.
6. Gas installation for buildings.
7. Problems of designing of thermal comfort in building through heating and air conditioning systems.
8. Heat losses calculation.
9. Overview of heating system, choice and design.
10. Heat losses of building and heat balance.
11. Determination of type and size of radiators.
12. Heat sources and their dispositional arrangement .
13. Renewable energy of HVAC systems.
Building services systems. Indoor climate creation. Types of systems. Design, service, energy and economy factors of indoor climate creation by building services systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.