Selected Chapters of Building Materials Technology
FAST-BJB023Acad. year: 2020/2021
The optional subject is a supporting subject for elaborating the bachelor´s tutorial work. The student selects following the theme of assignment of the work one of two basic subjects with technological or application orientation.
The subject summarizes the present knowledge concerning the main technological processes of building materials production. There are discussed the properties of raw materials, the raw materials treatment and processing, possibilities of ecologic utilization of industrial wastes and secondary raw materials, main chemical and technological processes of building materials production, technical parameters, technical parameters of machinery, demands on technical checking of technological processes and the testing of products. Information concerning the topical knowledge of research and development in the field of building materials progressive manufacturing technologies. Possibilities of increasing the effectiveness of processes and of improving the utility properties of products.
The lectures are accompanied with tutorials having laboratory and calculation character. Within the scope of practical exercises an experiments in accordance with the normative documents and legislative directives are also carried out in relation to the common civil engineering. Students meet with most of the laboratory analysis for the first time.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student would acquire knowledge on suitable primary and secondary raw materials for the production of construction materials, their processing method and control of raw material properties also from materials prepared from them.
Basic knowledge of raw materials and technologies for building materials production.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction into the subject, basic concepts.
2. Raw materials for the production of building materials, classification.
3. Raw materials sources, exploitation, treatment, processing.
4. Main chemico – technological processes of building materials production.
5. Technical parameters of machinery.
6. Demands on technical control of technological processes.
7. Testing of products, methods, necessary equipments, tests evaluation.
8. Relevant legislation concerning the wastes, the present state of production and of wastes processing. Testing of wastes properties.
9. Properties of ecological utilization of industrial wastes and secondary raw materials. Familiarization with already produced materials based on wastes.
10. Monitoring of building materials containing secondary raw materials durability.
11. Recent information concerning the research and development in the area of building materials progressive technologies.
The leaver of the subject obtains knowledge of relevant primary and secondary raw materials for building materials production, the way of their processing and the control of raw materials and of produced products from them. Theoretical knowledge of students are tested and extended within practical exercises.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.