Rehabilitation of Water Infrastructure
FAST-BPA010Acad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with conception problems of solving rehabilitation of water and sewer systems (water mains, sewerage), planning methods, survey methods of current conditions, overview of trenchless technology methods use for rehabilitation of water mains and sewerage systems focused on local repairs, general repairs of networks and new line and repairs of objects.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage to design of restoration plan and technical design and planning of rehabilitation of water and sewer networks and design of nodig rehabilitation technologies.
Utility Networks, Water Supply, Wastewater collection.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, basic indicators of the technical condition of sewerage network, sewerage and drainage - basic information.
2. Maintenance and cleaning of sewer networks, failure of sewerage networks and sewage connections.
3. Inspection, classification and assessment of the condition of sewer system.
4. Repair of sewer systems and sewer connections.
5. Renovation of sewer systems and sewer connections.
6. Replacement and construction of sewer systems and sewer connections.
7. Technical condition of water networks.
8. Repair of water supply networks.
9. Renovation of water supply networks.
10. Replacement and construction of water networks.
11. Plans for rehabilitation of water and sewer networks.
- Knowledge about standards and regulations, pipe material and material used at rehabilitation, inspection and failure detection of water and sewer pipes, cleaning of water and sewer pipes
- Design of rehabilitation methods
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.