Water Tanks and Pumping Stations
FAST-BPB007Acad. year: 2020/2021
Design the elevation and volume of water storage reservoirs, equipment fitting and storage chambers, types of water tanks, construction methods of water tanks, technical autit of water tanks.
Basic types of pumps, ways of involving pumps, pumps with variable speed, technological and service equipment of pumping stations, construction of pumping stations, cavitation, watre hammer protection , booster stations, technical audit of pumping stations.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability to design water storege tanks and water supply pumping stations, the ability of communication with the specialist - mechanical engineer in solving the technology of water supply pumping stations.
Hydraulic, Municipal Technical Equipment Networks, Water Supply
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Water tank as an object, function and types, location, water volume in tanks.
2. Construction and construction of water tanks.
3. Pipe fitting of water tanks and other equipment.
4. Pump, pump clasification.
5. Characteristics of pumps, functional equations, pumping systems (example).
6. Introduction to mathematical modeling in water industry.
7. Excursion to water tank / pump station.
8. Utilization of means for mathematical modeling in the design of water tanks and pumping stations.
9. Requirements for pumping stations, inlet and suction layout, discharge piping.
10. Water hammer.
11. Regulation and optimization of pump operation, automatic pressure stations.
12. Pump manufacturers, working with digital catalogs, pump selection.
13. Special fittings, optimization of the water systém.
Extend a basic knowledge of water tanks and pumping stations that received the student in subject BP03 Water supply. The goal is to enable graduate students to solve a simple case of a water tanks and pumping stations design, the ability to work with specialists in dealing with complex issues.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.