FAST-BPA003Acad. year: 2020/2021
Water intake, basic technological processes of water treatment, water disinfections, balance declaration of water consumption, calculation of water demand, conceptual design of water supply systems, pressure zones, reservoirs and pumping stations, design and assessment of water distribution network, pipe materials, fittings and armatures, design and maintenance documentation, organisation and structure of this sector in Czech Republic.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student manages the basic knowledge of water intake, water treatment processes and water distribution
Hydraulics, Engineering networks, Chemistry and technological processes in water treatment.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Guidelines for drinking water, water resources, water intake, pre-treatment of water.
2. Conceptual design of water supply systems, pressure zones, water consumption and water demand.
3. Water treatment, coagulation, homogenization devices, flocculation tanks.
4. Sedimentation, clarification flake cloud.
6. Oxidation and other forms of water treatment.
7. Water sanitation, chemical and sludge treatment plants.
8. Water tanks, Pumping station.
9. Hydraulic analysis of water distribution network, software tools.
10. Water network, service connections, design of pipe diametrs.
11. Pipe materials, fittings, valves.
12. Blocks on the pipes, pressure testing, project documentation, maintenance and operation.
13. Sector structure in the Czech Republic, types of utilities, the price of water.
The basic knowledge of water intake, water treatment processes and water distribution
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.