FAST-BSA002Acad. year: 2020/2021
Rainfall - runoff process in watershed and its factors, hydrologic losses, instruments and devices, meteorological measurement in river basin, water-level gauge and water discharge measurement, hydrological data processing, water courses and river network, maximum and minimum discharges, floating matters and sediments, ground water level and ground water runoff, water balance. Stochastic hydrology, theory of stochastic processes, probability and statistical methods used in hydrology. Real and artificial discharge series. Operative hydrology, simulation and prediction models of rainfall-runoff processes and river basin, modelling of river basin discharge during floods.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge of water in nature and water circulation, overview of basic hydrological quantities.
Basic knowledge of higher mathematics, physics, probability theory and statistics, basic knowledge of hydraulics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, basic terms, river basin, rainfall-runoff proces.
3. Atmospheric humidity, evaporation.
4. Geographical factors of a river basin.
5. Water-level gauge and water discharge measurement.
6. Statistical processing of hydrological data.
7. Approximation of empirical distributions by theoretical distributions used in hydrology, regress models.
8. Analysis of hydrological series, basic stochastic hydrology, artificial discharge series.
9. Derivation of discharge series, determination of Qa, introduction to extreme discharges.
10. Maximum and minimum discharges.
11. Prediction of water-level gauge and discharges, basic types of models.
12. Floating matters and sediments.
13. Ground water, springs, ground water runoff.
Basic knowledge of water in nature and water circulation, overview of basic hydrological quantities, quantification of hydrological variables and their relationship, modeling of rainfall - runoff process, prediction of water gauge and flow, information on water bodies according to EU legislature.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.