FAST-BSA001Acad. year: 2020/2021
History of waterworks engineering, organization of water management in CR and EU, The Water Act. Torrents, water courses
Water courses regulations, flood control, weirs, water courses restoration. Water abstraction from water courses, artificial channels, waterways, water reservoirs. Construction, arrangement and use of water reservoirs, ponds and purpose reservoirs. Watershed protection,land consolidation. Landscape restoration,landscape water management. Irrigation, drainage, municipal engineering, catchment of water sources. Water supply, water treatment, water reservoirs and water towers. Sewerage, sewage water treatment, sludge management, sewage water treatment plants, waste disposal, landfills. Balneology, water management research.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge of water management
basic knowledge of physics
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction and basic information about the subject.
2. Open water reservoirs, dams and water-power utilization.
3. Weirs, water withdrawal from watercourses, waterways and navigation.
4. Watercourses, their development and treatment, torrent control.
5. Basic concepts and relations of hydraulics – physical properties of liquids, hydrostatic and body filling, hydrodynamics.
6. Basic concepts and relations of hydraulics – steady pressure flow, flow of water in open channels, overflows.
7. Basic concepts and relations of hydraulics – outlet through the hole, energy height of the cross section (water jump), flow of groundwater.
8. Hydrology, water cycle in nature, measurement of climatic variables, hydrology of reservoirs.
9. Ponds and purpose reservoirs, flood control, dikes.
10. Irrigations, drainage, watershed protection.
11. Municipal engineering.
12. Drinking water supply, treatment and transport of water, balneotechnology.
13. Sewerage and sewage water treatment.
Basic knowledge of water management, simple water management calculations and design of structures.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans