FAST-BIA001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Basic information about structure, basic properties of building materials and their use as building materials.
Testing methods of physical-mechanical properties and durability with focus on destructive methods. Basic deformational characteristics of building materials and their monitoring.
Properties of building materials: stone, aggregate, binder, concrete, mortar, building ceramics, metal, timber, high molecular matters, bitumens, insulating materials, composite materials.
Practical laboratory tests of selected building materials with individual tasks for individual students including elaboration of records about the tests.
Institute of Building Testing (SZK)
Nabízen zahradničním studentům
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic information about constitution, basic properties of building materials and their use as building materials.
Plane geometry, stereometry, goniometric functions, units of physical quantities and their transfers, the fundamental laws of physics, mechanics of bodies.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, good laboratory practice.
2. Structure and properties of building materials.
3. Determination of properties, testing and determination of properties of building materials.
4. Building rock, aggregate and rock products.
5. Binders and mortar I.
6. Binders and mortar II.
7. Concrete, special types of concrete and concrete products I.
8. Concrete, special types of concrete and concrete products II.
9. Silicates, silicate products and glass.
10. Timber, timber products and construction.
11. Steel, metals and non-ferrous metals.
12. Polymers , other building materials, materials and products.
13. Asphalts, tars and road construction materials.
Acquainting and practising of building material selected basic properties,the ability to realize the basic tests of various kinds of building materials.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-SI Bachelor's
specialization VS , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPA-SI Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BKC-SI Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-MI Bachelor's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory