Computer modeling 1
FAST-NTA039Acad. year: 2020/2021
1. Modeling and simulation of time-based heat conduction - power and surface temperatures of thermally activated structures.
2. Numerical modeling of time-uninterrupted heat conduction - reheating and cooling of the wall.
3. Simulation of time-uninterrupted heat conduction - reheating and cooling of thermally activated structures.
4. Modeling the energy performance of a building I. Marginal conditions of simulations. Climate data, use profile, regulation.
5. Modeling the energy performance of a building II - a detailed model of the building's thermal load.
6. Modeling the energy performance of TZB I systems - heating, ventilation and cooling systems.
7. Modeling of energy performance of TZB II systems - dynamic behavior of heating and cooling bodies.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Prerequisites: Knowledge of physical laws in the field of heat transfer and materials and thermomechanics. Basic knowledge of numerical methods. Knowledge of heating, ventilation and cooling systems of buildings. Knowledge of indoor climate of buildings.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer