Fire safety during builiding operation
FAST-NHA063Acad. year: 2020/2021
Course is focused on expanding students knowledge from fire safety of buildings - especially in relation to operation, management and maintenance of buildings. Learning outcome of course will acquaint student with fire safety of production facilities, warehouses and mass garage, assuming knowledge of the fire safety of non-production objects.
Students will also get an overview about legal and entrepreneurial responsibilities in fire safety, get acquainted with fire documentation of buildings (evacuation plans, alarm directives, etc.) and with incorporation activities under fire danger.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Fire protection of buildings - basic knowledge, fire protection of buildings. Theory of building constructions – load-bearing structure systems, vertical and horizontal load-bearing structures, building envelopes, staircases, roofing of buildings, non-loadbearing structure, void infilling elements, floors and surface finishings. Building materials - types and their use in building constructions, specific material properties. Knowledge of urban, architectonic-dispositional, material and constructional design of buildings, especially civil and housing buildings.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1.Fire sections and areas without a fire hazard. Fire protection level. Fire partitions. Fire strips. Requirements for fireproof constructions and their certificates.
2. Escape ways – types and number of ways, design and realization.
3. Safe distances. Technical equipments. Fire-fighting equipments. Fire water supply.
4. Garage assessment – specific requirements for public garages, agricultural buildings, telecommunication buildings. Storehouses.
5. Knowledge deepening about design and function of fire-fighting equipments.
6. Fire safety object with inflammable liquid.
7. Fire safety object for production agricultural production.
8. Duty physical person, duty of law person at fire protection.
9. Compensation for damage physical person and of law person at fire protection.
10.Fire documentation (evacuation plane,alarm directive,etc.)
11.Fire device safety,activity run at fire danger.
12.Qualification technical, training employee,law and duty.
13.Lecture of the expert from the specialized firm.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory