Applied Physics (EVB)
FAST-NBB011Acad. year: 2020/2021
Institute of Physics (FYZ)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Studends will master advanced computational methods of thermal resistance of building structures and advanced computational methods concerning condensation in building structures by means of generalised non-isothermal transport equations.
Basic knowledge of physics, basic knowledge of mathematical analysis, basic knowledge of building thermal technology
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Kinetic theory of gases, calculation of basic parameters of air, heat capacity, degrees of freedom
2. average composition of air, principles of measurement of pollutant concentration, micro- and nanoparticles in aerosols
3. Air humidity, calculation and measurement of main properties, various measurement methods, heat of fusion of water
4. Basics of thermodynamics, heat engine efficiency, thermoelectric materials, combined generation of electricity, heat and cold
5. Energy, cost, generation, conversion, storage and transport, renewable sources, energy consumption in Czech republic according to statistical data
6. Energy in transportation, electric cars, properties of lithium cells, economy, parameters of charging stations
7. Thermal conduction, Fouriérs law, basic algorithms for calculation of steady and dynamic state, free software for solving partial differential equations
8. Thermal energy management, storage, long term use of heat pumps, thermal flow in heat pump borehole
9. Electromagnetic radiation, theory and applications, wireless communication, infrared radiation, material degradation under UV exposure, spectral characteristics, human sight and color vision
10. Black body radiation, Planck's law, radiative heat transport, material properties in visible and infrared band
11. Greenhouse effect, principle, greenhouse gases, solar collectors, selective layers
12. Photovoltaic cells, efficiency, optimum operating point, power inverters, power grid stability
13. Intelligent buildings, automated measurement of physical properties, basic of microcontrollers programming, system with feedback loop, control and regulation, system stability
1) Advanced computational methods of thermal resistance of building structures.
2) Advanced computational methods concerning condensation in building structures by means of generalised non-isothermal transport equations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional