FAST-CV051Acad. year: 2020/2021
In the subject students will be informed about developments and present of statistics. For usage of statistical data there is necessary to understand the verbalization tools of statistics. Without understanding of principles identification of dependences and measurement of indexes it is not possible to right suppose or to use results of statistical survey. Statistical service in the Czech Republic is organized by Czech Statistical Office and ministries. Attention is focused on economic statistics and its particular parts. Part of the subject is also information about selected statistical software.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about economic statistics with respect to economic statistics in civil engineering. Knowledge of price indices and their uses.
Basic knowledge of mathematics from the area of probability and statistical mathematics. Knowledge and ability from area of work engineering, economics of work, coding and classification of construction production and from area of pricing in civil engineering.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Development of statistics and current approach, subject and substance of economics statistics, fundamental terminology
2. Statistical coding
3. Expressions of statistics
4. Indicators, indices and differences
5. Time series
6. Statistical software Minitab 15
7. Statistical service, related laws, Czech Statistical Office, data obtaining, information
8. Statistics in companies
9. Statistic research
10. Price statistics in civil engineering
11. Statistics in industry
12. Statistical expert, invited lecture on current statistical issues (such as elections, census, Eurostat, the major innovation)
13. Statistics of work, wages, social security, education, culture and health service, standard of living
To get knowledge about economic statistics with respect to economic statistics and statistics of prices, work and wages in civil engineering. To get knowledge about measuring and research of statistic dependencies, about indicators, indices and time series of statistical data and about statistical software.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.