FAST-BV004Acad. year: 2020/2021
Finances. Financial system. Concept of company finances. Company financial system. Tools and fundamentals of financial management. Foundation of the firm, its property and financial structure. Current assets in the firm, its management and financing. Short-term and long-term sources of property coverage. Long-term needs of the company and the way of financing of these needs. Financing of the project (order). The relation between the company and the state budget. Tax system in the Czech republic and its influence in company financing. Bank-company relation. Consumer-supplier relationship and its influence on the company cash flow. The fundament of the financial planning. Public finances, basic information in respect to the company financing. EU structural funds and Cohesion fund.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge fundamentals of company financing.
Orientation in basic economic terminology and in economy of construction firm.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. – 2. Finances. Financial system. Particular parts of financial system (budgetary, credit, business) and relations among them. Tools for management of particular parts of financial system.
3. Property and sources for property coverage. Golden rules of financing. Work capital.
4. Management of fixed assets. Management of inventory.
5. Management of receivables and financial assets.
6. Own and foreign long-term sources. Short-term liabilities for covering of current assets.
7. Cash flows in the company. Management of cash flows in the structural order.
8. Tax system in the Czech republic. Income tax of physical person.
9. Income tax of corporation.
10. Real estate tax. Road tax.
11. Inheritance and donation tax. Real estate transfer tax. Consumer tax.
12. Value added tax.
13. Public finances. Pre-entrance funds. Funding.
To learn about fundamentals of company financing. To understand to money flows in the firm and basic methods of their control. Working with entire available money sources.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.