Selected Chapters of Plumbing
FAST-CT003Acad. year: 2020/2021
Theoretical fundamentals of pumping process within hydraulic systems. Pump application within plumbing engineering specialization – overview of systems applied for water supply and drainage for buildings. Design of pump stations and conjoint equipment.
Basic information about sprinkler fixed extinguishing systems.
Acquaintances extension of rainwater soakaways and retention tanks, rainwater harvesting and central domestic hot water heating systems. Overview of appliances for potable water conditioning before heating. Problems of domestic hot water temperature control.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student upgrade his qualifications in plumbing systems in buildings.
Fundamentals of hydraulics - water flow in a closed pressurized systems and gravity flow systems, basic principles of plumbing, basic knowledge of hot water supply systems.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Potable water demand and quantity of wastewater, introduction to pumps systems, suction head for pumps
2. Pump head-capacity curves
3. System head curves, point of pumps operation
4. Change of point of pump operation
5. Pumps and pumps stations for plumbing engineering
6. Booster pump systems and hydropneumatic tank systems for water supply
7. Determination of capacity of gravity tanks (suction, storage) and pressure tanks (diaphragm tanks)
8. Automatic wastewater lifting plants and their design
9. Sprinkler fixed extinguishing systems – purpose, application, fundamental arrangement and sprinkler installations
10. Management of rainwater, soakaways, retention tanks, rainwater harvesting
11. Central water heating – storage and instantaneous systems
12. Central water heating - design of systems components
13. Potable water conditioning before heating, control of domestic hot water temperature
To extend basic information of plumbing engineering especially in the area of water pumping, extinguishing systems and water heating systems. Design pumping stations within plumbing engineering specialization, to do conjoint hydraulic calculations and to process necessary drawings, further the students will be able to design domestic hot water systems efficiently including thermal calculations. Sprinkler fixed extinguishing systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans