FAST-CT052Acad. year: 2020/2021
The factors affecting the quality of indoor microclimate. Effect of sun on the buildings. Thermal comfort and balance of human. Hygrothermal microclimate of buildings. Air quality. Hygienic requirements for the workplace. Energy performance of buildings. Low-energy, passive and zero energy houses.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student upgrade his knowledge of indoor climate in building, air quality. Student will be able to use method to optimise indoor climate with enviromental technique.
Basic knowledge about heating system, cooling system and air conditioning
Secondary school knowledge about physics, especially thermomechanics
Knowledge about thermal engineering
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Quality of interior space in buildings
2. Thermal comfort
3. Humidity in buildings. Evaluation of thermal comfort
4. Air that we breathe. Evaluation and improvement of air quality
5. Hygienic requirements on working space
6. Buliding and energy - Czech legislation
7. Buliding and energy - Heating and Cooling, Ventilation
8. Buliding and energy - Lighting, Hot water preparation
9. Low-energy buildings
10. Other components of indoor climate
Improving the knowledge of making internal microclimate with systems of enviromental technique.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme N-P-E-SI (N) Master's
- Programme N-P-C-SI (N) Master's
- Programme N-K-C-SI (N) Master's