Reconstruction of Building
FAST-AH051Acad. year: 2020/2021
Building-technical and building-historical research of the building and determination of structural technical and humidity condition of objects. Taking measure and drawing current state of the object. Dentification characteristic failure and defects of buildings, by external sign, analysis of failure causes in relation to external and internal factors. Specificity of modern projection, reconstructions and rebuild of objects.
Failures and reconstruction of masonry construction, concrete (reinforced) and wood construction. Rehabilitation of higher objects humidity. Development of building laws in Bohemia and Moravia in relation to historic used construction systems and principles. Teaching is continuously attend of selected sample realized solution of building reconstruction and rehabilitation.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to make a constructively-technical research of the building including targeting of actual status. On the basis this documentation wll be able to manage a project creation for reconstruction or modernizing a building.
Basic knowledge from subjects building construction, physics relating to construction, load-bearing construction and structural mechanics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Basic notion, life of buildings, analysis of causes clustering and building defects.
2. Surveying of present state of objects.
3. Structural technical and humidity exploration of buildings.
4. Development of building laws in Bohemia and Moravia in relation to using construction systems.
5.Specific principles for reconstruction and modernization object projection.
6. The cracks saving in building objects.
7.Failures of vertical load and unload-bearing structures (walls, poles, pillar,partitions) and their rehabilitation.
8.Additional establishing wall opening, defects of horizontal constructions (lintels and ceiling).
9. Failures and rehabilitations historic constructions (foundation, arches, trusses).
10. Stairs- defects and chances of rehabilitations. Failures and renovation of floors.
11. Causes analysis of moisten construction buildings, humidity transport in constructions.
12.Methods of measurement of moisture construction, modern mechanical rehabilitation methods.
13. Chemical methods of additional water-proofing, electrophysic methods of humidity saving, methods of structural measures.
Project documentation processing,survey of present objects condition,execution of structural technical investigation, project production for reconstruction and modernization of building
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.