Integration of Structures to Landscape
FAST-AR051Acad. year: 2020/2021
Design of a structure is only a part of system of activities leading to final and successful realization of a structure. After finishing building activities it is very important to integrate the structure to the environment. The structure should naturally merge with the surrounding. Despite the structure shape, the terrain adjustment might significantly help in this effort.
Institute of Water Structures (VST-VST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge in following areas:
- integration of structures to landscape,
- design of the structure surrounding with respect to the environment (city, industry, rural, forest,...)
Basic knowledge of civil engineering, fysik, ekologie, biologie.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Environment - basic information, terminology
2. Environmental treatment - evaluation of impacts, components of environment, strategic problems
3. Main principles of landscape ecology
4. Function of forest in landscape ecology - introduction (production function, soil protection, climatic, biotic, estetic, social, ...)
5. Landscape ecology - concept
6. Evolution and classification of landscape, structure and dynamics
7. Stress theory, lanscape stability
8. Civil structures in landscape
9. Problem of integration of civil structure in landscape
10. Construction elements used for terrain adjustment (ramps, stairways, retaining walls, terrain benchs, sidewalks, ...)
11. Materials the elements
12. Realization of terrain adjustments, composition of vegetation in
space and kinds
13. Designer's Technological workflow of refilling, restoration or creation new vegetation for new spaces.
Integration of structures to landscape. Design of the structure surrounding with respect to the environment (city, industry, rural, forest,...)
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.