Geodesy and Cartography
FAST-AE001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Role of geodesy i building industry and architecture. Gedetic datums.
Global navigation satellite systems. Angel and distance measurements. Coordinate calculation. Determination of elevations. Digital terrain model. Mapping - geodetical methods. Setting out works. Determination of displacements and deformations of structures. Determination areas and volumes. Photogrammetric survey. Close range photogrammetry for architecture and documentation of cultural heritage. Terrestrial and airborne laser scanning.Mobile mapping systems.
Remote sensing. Cadastre of real estate. Fundamentals of cartography, map works in the Czech republic. Geographical information systems.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students obtain knowledge of part of geodesy, that can use for designing, realisation and documentation of bulilding structures.
Knowledges of secondery school
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The role of geodesy in the field architecture. Introduction, units, historical development.
2. Datums and controls in the Czech republic. Coordinate systems and reference frames. Global navigation satellite systems.
3. Direction, angel and distance measurements.Coordinate calculation.
4. Mapping - geodetical methods. Survey of building for reconstruction.Survey instruments.
5. Measurement of hights,digital terrain model.
6. Photogrammetric survey, close range photogrammetry.
7. Setting out works. Determination of displacements and deformations of structures. Determination areas and volumes.
8. Special works in civil engineering and industry.
9. Cadastre of real estates.
10. Laser scanning. Remote sensing.
11. Princeples of cartography. Maps in the Czech republic.
12. Geogaphical information systems. Building information model.
To obtain knowledge of part of geodesy having relation to designing, realisation and documentation of bulilding structures.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer