Load-Bearing Structures 3
FAST-AO001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Space design and loading actions of constructions with metal structure.
Design of hall structures: Roof structures (roof cladding, purlins, roof main girders, roof bracings). Primary and secondary system of load-bearing structure. Design of columns, fastening of columns. Space rigidity of hall system. Claddings.
Design and structural principles of multi-storey buildings: Space rigidity, bracings. Floor structures. Columns, column bases, fastening of columns.
Long-span roof systems (spatial structural systems, suspended and cable-stayed structures: Basic principles of structural design.
Production and errection, reconstruction and regeneration of steel structures.
Masonry structures and their types. Masonry properties. Design principles according limit states.
Structural design of masonry buildings and principles of their static design. Reinforced masonry, advanced masonry structures.
Basic tapes of prefabricated concrete structures, their static behaviour and structural design.
Selected concrete structures - retaining walls, subterraneous walls.
Prestressed concrete structures - basis of prestressed concrete, advantages, types.
Institute of Metal and Timber Structures (KDK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will learn the problems of the course and will get under controll the course aims, within the meaning of obtaining knowledge and skills in the field of basic principles of design of metal and concrete structures, concretized in the course schedule.
Basis of structural mechanics, basic knowledge of the design of members of concrete, metal and timber structures.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Hall structures: Structural design, loading actions, roof structures.
2. Hall structures: secondary systems, columns, fastening.
3. Hall structures: Spacing rigidity, structures for claddings.
4. Structural systems of multi-storey buildings with steel or steel-concrete structure. Spacing rigidity, bracings.
5. Floor structures of multi-storey buildings. Columns and fastening.
6.-7. Long-span roof systems: Basic principles of structural design (spatial systems, suspended and cable-stayed structures). Production and errection of steel structures, reconstruction and regeneration of steel structures.
8. Masonry structures, their types. Masonry properties. Principles of design according limit states.
9. Structural design of masonry buildings and principles of their static design.
10. Reinforced masonry, advanced masonry structures.
11. Assembled (prefabricated) concrete structures - basic tapes of structures and their static behaviour.
12. Assembled (prefabricated) concrete structures - types of members, structural design, details, spacing rigidity.
13. Prestressed concrete structures - basis of prestressed concrete, advantages, types.
The objective of the subject is to introduce students to the problems of this course and to practise acquires knowledge and skills.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.