FAST-AG003Acad. year: 2020/2021
The aim of the subject is to acquaint students with the principles of architectural design of residential buildings, from the point of view of philosophy and society as a whole and the point of view of building history and development of the building types and, further, from the point of view of function and typology, with the emphasis on the quality of the exterior and interior living environment, the principles of standards and regulations. The subject is a theoretical preparation for conceiving simple tasks in seminars and, above all, for designing residential buildings in the following studio tuition.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage the goal of the subject, i.e.knowledge of the residential building typology, social relations, a flat, a family house, a multidwelling house, residential complexes, housing for the aged, temporary accommodation.
The subject is involved in the 1st semester of study; it does not connect with any preceding discipline. The prerequisite is the general knowledge of culture and history at the secondary school level.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Concept of typology, typology in the architecture of residential buildings
2. Social and psychological aspects of housing
3. Definition of a flat and its fragments, flat zoning, articles of the standard
4. Historical development of the building type of a family house
5. Family houses, typological varieties
6. Historical development of the building type of a multidwelling house
7. Typology of a multidwelling house, exterior and interior areas of a house
8. Typological varieties of multidwelling houses
9. Prefabricated blocks of flats
10. Polyfunctional buildings
11. Housing for the aged
12. Buildings for temporary accommodation
13. Nature of the new residential construction
Knowledge of the residential building typology, social relations, a flat, a family house, a multidwelling house, residential complexes, housing for the aged, temporary accommodation.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.