Urban engineering II
FAST-TP01Acad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with conduit of technical eguipment in general, especially underground networks and waste management. The general part includes basic concepts, network division, category and history. Students will be introduced with the standards and regulations of the topic, space arrangement of conduit of technical eguipment. It will also be discussed designing of pipe networks (water supply, sewerage, heat, steam and gas) and cable lines (electricity system, telecommunication and data networks). From the aspects of building the student will be acquainted with pipes materials and methods of construction and rehabilitation of networks, especially in their underground storage. The waste management will be dealt with the concept of waste management, waste catalog, collection and sorting of waste, landfill, incineration and recycling.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage basic of design and planinng of technical equipment network.
physics, fundamentals of hydraulics and thermodynamics
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
ŠRYTR, Petr a kol.: Městské inženýrství 1.. Praha: Academia, 1998. ISBN 80-200-0663-X. (CS)
ŠRYTR, Petr a kol.: Městské inženýrství 2.. Praha: Academia, 2001. ISBN 80-200-0440-8. (CS)
BERÁNEK, Josef a kol.: Inženýrské sítě (stud. opora). Brno: VUT v Brně, FAST, 2005. (CS)
GRAHAM, Stephen and MARVIN, Simon: Splintering Urbanism: networked Infrastructures, technological mobilities and the urban condition. London: Routledge, 2001. ISBN 0-415-18964-0. (EN)
RACLAVSKÝ, Jaroslav a kol.: Rekonstrukce vodohospodářských sítí (stud. opora). Brno: VUT v Brně, FAST, 2006. (CS)
KLEPSATEL, F., RACLAVSKÝ, J.: Bezvýkopová výstavba a obnova podzemních vedení. Bratislava: JAGA GROUP, 2007. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction (task of conduit of technical equipment in society).
2. Development of conduit of technical equipment (historical development, classification, networks economy, factors effecting capital costs).
3. Space arrangement of conduit of technical eguipment.
4. Collectors, their structural part and equipment.
5. Water supply systems (drinking water systems, water resources, storage, distribution and water pipes materials).
6. Sewer systems (design, sewage and rain water handling alternatives, materials and structures of sewer systems and and sewerage objects, connections, rain water handling).
7. Heating networks (central heating networks, hot water and steam systems, materials for heat supply networks, pipe and structural parts).
8. Gas supply (property of heating gases, the pressure of gas pipelines, patterns of the gas flow).
9. Pipe materials, equipping and construction of gas pipelines.
10. Energy and communication networks.
11. Construction and rehabilitation of pipe networks - excavation and trenchless technology.
12. Waste management - the concept of waste management, waste catalog, collection and sorting of waste.
13. Waste management - landfill, incineration, recycling waste.
Student shell get a overview about the significance of technical equipment network in the contemporary society, fundamental information about system and components of particular networks and about waste management.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.