FAST-IE56Acad. year: 2020/2021
Accuracy analysis of measurement and setting out of basic geometrical quantities. Two step accuracy analysis of fundamental methods of horizontal setting out. Checking of setting out parameters in building industry. Special local geodetic networks - methods of determination, combination of various mesuring technologies, optimization procedures. Precise applications of GPS static and kinematic methods in engineering geodesy. Measurement of displacements and deformations of structures and constructions (general analysis approach, evaluation methods, stability assessment of points, interpretation of results). Special problems of engineering geodesy in building of underground structures.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student masters the advanced methods of accuracy analysis in engineering geodesy. Student gets an overview of application possibilities of satellite methods. Student masters the advanced methods of deformation measurements including accuracy analysis and evaluation methods.
Methods of mathematical analysis. Methods of adjustment of geodetic networks. Fundamentals of satellite methods, GPS. Methods of statistical data analysis and processing.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Richardus, P.: Project Surveying. A.A. Balkema, Rotterdam 1984
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Advanced methods of accuracy analysis, two step analysis of horizontal setting out.
2. Check measurements, checking of setting out, evaluation of final parameters.
3. Special local networks for engineering purposes, combination and integration of heterogeneous measurements.
4. GPS in engineering geodesy, precise applications of static and kinematic methods.
5. Deformation measurements of structures and constructions, advanced deformation analysis, modern approaches.
6. Underground surveys, setting out and check measurement of tunnels.
Mastering of advanced of accuracy analysis in engineering geodesy. Getting an overview of application possibilities of satellite methods. Mastering of advanced methods of deformation measurements including accuracy analysis and evaluation methods.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer