Psychology of management
FAST-CZ56Acad. year: 2020/2021
Psychology, subject of psychology, the inposition in connection of organization and directing, work autput and man´s carrier, the tasks on a personality of directors, motivation and ranumerate of workers, manager´s communication abilities, nonverbal communication, prevention of the conflicts and their solution, adaptability technics pasive and active, assertivity, directing styles, public relations.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to have insight on the human resource management problems.
Basic knowledge from psychology and sociology from secondary school (from subjects as Civics or Social science). Basic orientation in terminology as a general psychology, sociology, social groups, psychological methods, imagines about direction, manager´s functions.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KOHOUTEK, R. ŠTĚPANÍK´, J., KUNOVSKÝ, J.: Základy psychologie pro techniky. Brno, CERM, 1994.
Kachaňáková,A. a kol.: Riadenie ludských zdrojov. Bratislava: STU, 1995.
Kohoutek,R.-Štěpaník,J.: Psychologie práce a řízení. Akademické nakladatelství CERM,Brno, 2000.
Kohoutek,R.: Základy užité psychologie. Akademické nakladatelství CERM,Brno, 2002.
BEDRNOVÁ, E., NOVÝ, I.: Psychologie a sociologie řízení. Praha, Management Press, 2002.
FIELDEN, J. S.: Principles of Business Communication. Macmillan Publishing Company, 1990.
VEČEŘA, M., GREGOR, M.: Sociologie práce. Brno, VŠE, 1992.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Psyhology, its subject and tasks in organization. Managerś psychology and sociology.
2. Using of psychology in directing praxis and in the theory of directing.
3. The theory in structure and organization of a work group, firm and society.
4. Traditional and modern society. Aplication to questions in firm directing.
5. Acknowledgement and forming of a direct personality and a subsidient man and a colaborating worker. Personal structure, dynamic of a personality.
5. Stress and frustration. Psychological aspects of a work environment and directing.
7. Psychological analysis of a working results and man´s carrier.
8. Manager´s funcitons. Rating of workers.
9. Motivation, stumulation, renumeration. The hierarchy of demands. The role of a communication in directing.
11. Conflicts, their prevention and solution. Assertivity.
12. Directing styles. Directing behaviour. Manager´s image in directing.
13. The firm culture and public relations.
Orientation in an interpersonal communication (especially considering managment position), abilities in aplication knowledge and soft-skills in private and in profession life.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer