Pedagogy for Engineers
FAST-CZ54Acad. year: 2020/2021
Pedagogy for engineers, common didactics, specialised didactics and didactics of specialised subjects, curriculum, key kompetences, frame educational programme, interaction and communication in educational reality, teaching methods, activating teaching methods, teaching purposes, didactic principles, organization forms of teaching process, didactic aids, teacher's preparation for teaching, pedagogic diagnosis, didactic tests, analysis and creating of textbooks, research in educational sciences, management in schools.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge didactic principles in education of specialised subjects. Theoretic view to realization of teaching process in specialised engineering subjects at secondary schools.
Common orientation in pedagogy and didactics for enginneers, communication ability in educational reality and in public places, managing of fever, recognising of some teaching methods from teachers, description of main didactic principles, knowledge of basic organizational forms of teaching, ability to preparation for public performance, ability to create elemental research in education reality and their processing, trying to meet to educational reality.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
MAŇÁK, J.: Nárys didaktiky. Brno: PdF (skriptum), 1997.
LINDR, Jaroslav: Inženýrská pedagogika. M01 Pedagogika, M02 Didaktika, M03 Moderní pedagogika. Brno: FAST, 2007.
GALTON, M. (ed.): Curriculum Change. Leicester University Press, 1980.
CHRÁSKA, M.: Statistika pro pedagogy. Olomouc: UP (skriptum), 1990.
PELIKÁN, J.: Výchova jako teoretický problém. Ostrava: Amosium, 1995.
DRAHOVZAL, J., KILIÁN, O., KOHOUTEK, R.: Didaktika odborných předmětů. Brno: CERM, 1997.
SKALKOVÁ, J.: Obecná didaktika. Praha: ISV, 1999.
OURODA, S.: Oborová didaktika. MZLU Brno, 2001.
PRŮCHA, Jan: Moderní pedagogika. Praha: Portál, 2009. ISBN 978-80-7367-503-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to pedagogy for engineers and its relation to specialised didactics. Connections with the other sciences.
2. General and specialised didactics, didactics of specialised subjects. History of pedagogy.
3. The curriculum and its importance for pedagogy. The modern curriculum and its implementation in teaching praxis.
4. Teaching process and its fundamental nature. Didactic principles and rules. Selection and structuring of subject matter.
5. Lesson type and structures. Phases of teaching. Types of teaching. Didactical models.
6. Teaching methods - summary and classification. Activating teaching methods.
7. Didactic aids. Organizational forms of teaching. Overview and classification. Description of chosen forms and aids.
8. The education aims. The preparation of a teacher for teaching. Administration in the education system, school management.
9. Pedagogical diagnostics, pedagogical evaluation and the creation of didactic tests.
10. Literature with a didactic function. Educational texts, their analysis, creation, rating, optimisation.
11. The personality of an educator of the special subjects and the theory of the teaching profession. Professiogram of a teacher of specialised subjects.
12. Anthropogenic members of education. Traditional and alternative systems of teaching.
13. Specifics and peculiarities of the teaching process in specialised subjects.
Orientation in theoretic pedagogic and didactic terminology, processes and paradigms used for engineers who want to be in resort of education. This course meets with foundations of teacher´s profession. It is suitable for students who think about teacher´s job in future or who want to teach in specialised secondary school externally.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer