Modern Programming Techniques
FAST-HU52Acad. year: 2020/2021
Design of programs and applications in Microsoft Visual Basic and VBA.
Basic algorithms, structured programming, object-oriented programming, application object libraries and their use, solving engineering problems.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Programming in Visual Basic using modern techniques of events driven programming, component technology and object-oriented programming
algorithm design and programming in VBA
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
WIRTH, Nicolas: Algoritmy a štruktúry údajov. Alfa Bratislava, 1988. (CS)
Knuth, D. E.: Fundamental Algorithms. Third Edition.. Addison-Wesley, 1997. (EN)
KRÁL, Martin: Excel VBA. Computer Press, 2010. EAN 9788025123584. (CS)
HALVORSON, Michael: Microsoft Visual Basic. Computer Press, 2010. EAN 9788025131466. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Computer model from the perspective of a programmer. Language development environment.
2. Variables, data types, constants, assignment statement.
3. Functions and procedures (calling of procedures and functions, parameters and arguments, public and private scopes).
4. Built-in language elements, inputs and outputs.
5.-6. Commands for flow control, conditional statements and loops.
7. Working with structured variables.
8. Structured and object-oriented programming.
9.-10. Application object libraries.
11. Fundamentals of using of numerical methods.
12. Examples of solving of engineering problems. Statistical and optimization problems.
13. Examples of solving of engineering problems. Solution of mechanical task.
Topics include structured program design, event-drive programming, and Visual Basic program components. This is a course designed to introduce students to more advanced elements Visual Basic programming language. Students will design and write Windows applications in Visual Basic.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.