Theoretical geodesy II
FAST-HE10Acad. year: 2020/2021
Precise levelling (insruments, methods, errors, standardization, accuracy). Adjustment leveling networks. Adjustment geodetic networks on the plane, on the sphere and on the ellipsoid. Adjustment free networks.
Equipotencional surfaces, geoid, spheroid.
plumb line, normal, deflection of the vertical, Laplace equation and Laplace azimuth, reduction to the ellipsoid. Astronomic levelling.
Theory of heights. Geopotential differences, orthometric heihts, normal orthometric heights, normal Moloděnský heights, dynamic heights, misclosure of levelling polygons. Adjustment of large levelling networks.
Stokes formula and Vening-Maines formula, gravimetry deflections of verticals. Moloděnsky kvazigeoid theory. Geodetic Earth models.
Coordinate systems ITRS, ETRS, EULN, geodynamic networks.
History of geodetic networks in Czech republic (NULRAD, DOPNUL, GEODYN).
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gets an overview of problems heigts (gravity field, precise levelling, equipotencial surfaces, geoid, spheroid and kvazigeoid.
Student gets theoretical knowledge of geodetic reference systems and geodynamics.
Computing geodetic problems on the sphere and ellipsoid
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Vykutil, J: Vyšší geodézie. Kartografie, 1982. (CS)
Hofmann-Wellenhof, B.- Moritz, H.: Physical geodesy. Springer, 2005. (EN)
Weigel J.: Vyšší geodézie - Základní výšková bodová pole. elektronický text, 2008. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Precise levelling - insruments and errors
2. Precise levelling - methods and accuracy
3. Adjustment geodetic and leveling networks on the plane,
4. Adjustment geodetic networks on the sphere and on the ellipsoid
5. Adjustment free networks.
6. Fundamental of Gravity field theory
7. Equipotencional surfaces, geoid and spheroid
8. Plumb line, normal, deflection of the vertical, Laplace equation and Laplace azimuth
9. Astronomic levelling, geoid as height reference surface
10. Theory of heights
11. Geodetic and gravimetric networks
12. Gravimetric deflections of the vertical, Moloděnsky kvazigeoid theory
13. Coordinate systems and frames ITRS, ETRS, EULN, geodynamic networks
14. History of geodetic networks in Czech republic
The subject is oriented towards on gravity field of the Earth, theory of different types of heights and global and regional geodetic systems and frames. Methods of precise levelling measurements and adjustment are discussed.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.