Introduction to Personal Direction
FAST-5Z7Acad. year: 2020/2021
introduction to personal management, culture of organization, function of personalictics, leading of human resources, system of worker´s evaluation, motivation, manager, director, personality of manager, styles of direction, managerial functions, managerial image, communication, psychology of work
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge from psychology and sociology from the secondary school from subjects "Foundations of social sciences" or "Civics"; basic economical terminology from subject "Foundations of economic theory" (1st year in the Faculty of Civil Enginnering).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BEDRNOVÁ, E., NOVÝ, I.: Psychologie a sociologie řízení. Praha: Management Press 2002
ŠTĚPANÍK, J., KOHOUTEK, ,R.: Psychologie práce a řízení. Brno: CERM 2000
GIDDENS, A.: Sociology. Blackwell, Polity Press 1997
LINKESCHOVÁ, D., DOHNAL, R.: Vedení a řízení lidí ve stavební firmě. Brno: URS 2000
MEYER, D.: Social Psychology. New York: Mc Graw-Hill 1993
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Context of managerial psychology and sociology. Development and perspectives in the theory and practise of management.
2. The conception of management in an organization. The theory of conflict and the theory of consensus applied to companies.
3. Personnel management. A manager‘s personality. The theory of a personality.
4. Social position and role of manager. Society, groups, the structure of an organization.
5. Managerial communication skills of manager. Verbal and nonverbal communication. Presentations. Brainstorming. Directed meetings. Discussion.
6. A manager‘s career of manager, psychology of work performance. Professiogram. Analysis of work performance.
7. Motivation in work and management. Bonuses. The hierarchy of needs. Motivation factors.
8. Corporate culture and ethics. Ethics in contracting and direction. Work groups and teams.
9. Manager´s functions. Styles of direction. Planning and directing.
10. The managerial image. Mental hygiene in a manager´s life. Stress, prevention and adaptive mechanisms.
11. The psychology of work, marketing and management. The development of creativity.
12. Public relations and communication with the media. The theory of communication in manager practice.
13. Corporate ethics. Characteristics of the work environment. Factors of the work environment.
Increasing of knowledges from general psychology and sociology in application to theory of direction in firms. Theoretical view to problems of directing, manager´s personality, styles of directing and psychology of work. Subject is also a view to future carrier of engineers in technical praxis in building firms.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer