Selected issues of highways I.
FAST-5M3Acad. year: 2020/2021
Theory of traffic flow, modelling, analysis of traffic flow phenomena. This knowledge is used for transportation systems analysis and for transportation planning. Attention is payed to intelligent trasportation systems and telematics. Next, telematic technologies, function, required properties, benefits and feasibilities are described.
Institute of Road Structures (PKO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge of traffic engineering, roads and motorway design and urban roads, PC user competence (ACAD, ...)
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Habarda Dušan: Mestská hromadná doprava. Alfa Bratislava 1984
Medelská V., Jirava P., Nop D., Rojan J.: Dopravné inžinierstvo. Alfa Bratislava 1991
Šrytr Petr a kol.: Městské inženýrství I.. Academia Praha 1998
Šrytr Petr a kol.: Městské inženýrství II.. Academia Praha 2001
Tibor Schlosser: Inteligentné dopravné systémy. Jaga group Bratislava 2001
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Traffic flow theory
2. Macroscopic models, microscopic models, cellular automata
3. Microscopic traffic flow simulations
4. Non-linear dynamics of traffic flow
5. Simulations of traffic flow for different models and parametres
6. Principles of traffic planning
7. Traffic data for planning
8. Strategy for individual transportation reduction
9. Modal split, transportation systems
10. Practical transportation survey and photographical documentation
11. Integrated transportation systems
12. Intelligent transportation systems (ITS), telematics
13. Technologies for ITS
Knowledge of traffic flow phenomena. Principles of traffic flow modelling. Simulation and analysis of simulated phenomena.
Trasport systems, transportation planning.
Telematics, intelligent transport systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.