Sociology in Industry of Concrete Constructions
FAST-5Z1Acad. year: 2020/2021
object of sociology, socialization, communication verbal, communication nonverbal, social perception, conformity, social role and position, demands, motivation, organization, planning, firm environment, personal management, communication, professiogram, stress, firm culture.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about possibilities of using the sociology in work process, basic sociological terminology. Basic terminology from sociology from secondary school from subject "Foundantion of social sciences" or "Civics", elementar knowledge from subject Psychology (1st year in Faculty of Civil Enginnering).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BEDRNOVÁ, E., NOVÝ, I.: Psychologie a sociologie řízení. Praha: Management Press 2002
GIDDENS, A.: Sociology. Blackwell, Polity Press 1997
KELLER, J.: Úvod do sociologie. Brno: SLON 1999
MEYER, D.: Social Psychology. New York: Mc Graw-Hill 1993
ŠTĚPANÍK, J., KOHOUTEK, R.: Psychologie práce a řízení. Brno: CERM 2000
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Contect of manager´s psychology and sociology.
2. Concept of management in organization.
3. Personal management. A personality of manager.
4. Social pozition and role of director.
5. Managerial communication skills.
6. Managerial career, sociology of work activity.
7. Motivation in work and direction.
8. Firm culture and identity.
9. Manager´s functons. Styles of directing.
10. Image of manager. Psychical hygiene in manager´s life.
11. Sociology of work, marketing and direction.
12. Firm ethics, stress, conflicts and their solution.
13. Characteristics of work environment.
1. Development and perspectives in theory and praxis of direction.
2. The theory of conflicts and the theory of concensus in application to firm.
3. Theory of a personality of director.
4. Society, groups, structure of organization.
5. Verbal and nonverbal communication. Prezentation, brainstorming, direct meeting, discussion.
6. Professiogram. Analysis of work activity.
7. Hierarchy of demands, bonus, factors of motivation.
8. Ethics in business and direction. Work group and team.
9. Planning and directing.
10. Stress, prevention and adapt mechanisms.
11. Increase of creativity in directing.
12. Theory of communication in manager praxis.
13. Firm ethics. Factors of work environment.
Orientation in problems of sociology of society, working groups, teams and their direction. Deeping of knowledge about structure of organization from social science view. Theoretical view to principles of structure with practical applications to future work of absolvent in building firms.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.